August 27, 2007

Something changed in me last night. Was it you? I went to bed a fraud and awoke a poet. Not the other way around.


Current mood: passionate


I’ve learned my lesson. Checked it twice. I’m naughty, your nice. Somewhere left of the middle and we should take our own advice.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I am taking some verbal risks. But risking nothing when it comes to you. The songs in my head are taking shape - just as are we. Could someone ever just give us the benefit of the doubt. Use your better judgment. It's starting to reach a whole new level. We’re finally on the level and headed we have to stay. Ambience in halftime. Keep the tempo slow. I want our tattoos to touch under the sheets. Smearing ink and kissing skin. “Eyes the size of the moon.” Waiting to be tamed just like in the old days.

Trying to hold hands, and not grudges.

Perfect imperfection. We are the opposite of clarity and the synonym for “his and hers mood disorders.” You may not believe in my words but you believe in my love. Together we belong and together we will stay.

This is the magic of our life.


(An added note. I am happy. Amazingly so. Hopefully not short lived. This is the first post that has made me smile in a long time. This time I wrote of myself and actually liked the result. (The me behind the words) Strange to turn the pen around and be on this side of it. A rarity as of late).