September 4, 2007

I have a thirst for something not available on tap...

Current mood: artistic



*You asked for a first line and instead I will give you my first time. You brought up old news and memories with a few words and now my head is spinning...I will give a first line too...just give me a few. Ha! didnt mean to rhyme that time.*

PS.See title. Hope it is good enough.


To the rest of the world who decided not to be as special as us.

There is a place where wild things grow
it is neither field, nor countryside
but our hearts as we race to know
all that a new lover can confide.
There are places to sit and sleep and hide
just little, innocent hollows to trip
our steps, as if they hoped and tried
to catch a part of a new love to sip.
We often stumble against this small dip
and tumble down together, thirsty and hot.
The drink we required is met lip to lip
as if these kisses were cool to the thought.
It is thirsty work, to be so driven
and these lapses pray to be forgiven.

(I originally wrote this 1/4/03 and just happened across it again. Still one of my old faves, although a lil corny I suppose).