September 3, 2007

Oh look, you've earned your wings. Are you an angel now or a vulture?


Current mood: dubious


Without lust, you left. Abandoned years of construction. Stopped all plans. Called off the completion of this love. Only because it was never often enough.

Your lips let words escape. So harsh to the taste, I almost choked. Words like bullets
filled with pain and poison. Meant to kill my soul. My spirit. To break my heart.

This love has never been without equal parts pain and pleasure. I could never walk away. Things meant too much. We strived. Tried too hard for too long to give up.

How after so much hurt. So many tearful kisses. So much love. So many passionate moments. How can you so easily let me go. Push me aside. Slip away.

They say to tell you to fly free and find yourself. I say fly high. Then crash and burn. Hard. Like you made me.